Saturday, April 21, 2012

Author Matthew Cook

As an amateur writer working on a non-fiction book and harboring hopes of one day writing a novel I always appreciate the dedication and skill it takes to finish a story.

Getting it published is something else altogether.

A friend from grad school's husband (say that three times fast) is an aspiring author. I've read one short story by him and he just got another one published in a magazine. The excerpt is excellent and makes me want to purchase the magazine so I can see how the story is resolved.

Of course, here at Chasidic Calvinist, I especially appreciate the author's understanding that religion does matter because it shapes  how we see and interact with the world. And a neo-Anabaptist in space? Priceless.

Click the link, read the interview, read the excerpt, buy the magazine and enjoy.

No comments: